‘The perfect base for you to enjoy Mountain Biking in the remote empty heartland of Wales’
Llanerchindda Farm offers fantastic facilities for mountain bikers including:
- Secure Storage for your Bike.
- Drying Room
- Spray Wash
- Packed Lunches available by request (£8.00 per person per day).
- Information Leaflets on local trails available in our Map Room.
Bikes can be hired for you to be picked up from Llanerchindda
We are situated in a great area for Mountain Biking with many purpose built tracks available locally including:
- Crychan Forest – 4 Miles from Llanerchindda Farm – There are many miles of forest tracks in the Crychan Forest open to the public with a number of Family Friendly Bike Trails waymarked ranging from 3.7 miles to 8.1 miles in distance. See www.crychanforest.org.uk for more details.
- Cwm Rhaeadr Trail – 5 Miles from Llanerchindda Farm – The trail, designed by Rowan Sorrell, weaves across open ground, descends a rocky ridge, climbs gently to a view point over the Tywi valley and then snakes down through mature larch and douglas fir trees. This is graded as a red route, it is 6.7km long climbs 210 metres and will take approximately 45 mins.
- Coed Trallwm – 17 Miles from Llanerchindda Farm – Mountain Bike Centre and Forest Cafe with three trails a Blue Trail which is 4km and climbs 95 metres, a Red Trail which is 5km and climbs 140 metres and a Black Trail which is 5km and climbs 155 metres. See www.coedtrallwm.co.uk for more details.
- Gorlech Trail Brechfa Forest – 30 Miles from Llanerchindda Farm – This is the first of 3 new mountain bike trails in the Brechfa Forest. Designed by Rowan Sorrell, the red route is made up of three big climbs and descents stretching over its 19km. The trail has 1071 metres of climbs and should take between 11/4 and 3 hours to complete. The trail is a hard, fast, all weather surface which becomes more and more exciting as your skill level and speed progresses. Soon you’ll be railing the perfectly sculptured berms and huge switchbacks, jumping the step up jumps and tabletops and grinning all the way to the bottom of the exhilirating final descent.
- Derwen Trail Brechfa Forest – 35 Miles from Llanerchindda Farm – The Derwen Trail comprises of a green route which is 9.2km with 506 metres of climbing and should take between 11/2 and 2 hours to complete and a blue route which can be added on to the green route and is a further 4.7km with 307 metres of climbing and should take between 3/4 and 1 hour extra to complete. The Derwen Trail is suitable for the inexperienced off-road rider, clinging low to the valley sides, the trail eases you in with steady climbs and fun descents. You then have the option to take the longer blue route which climbs a steeper bank before taking in a longer, faster descent.
It is also possible to mountain bike from the farm, below is a suggested route to give you an idea of what is available:
- Dam Blaster Circuit – Starts from Llanerchindda Farm – This is approximately a 30 mile route that we have devised ourselves. Starting from the Farm you descend to the bottom of the valley then climb steeply in to the forest before following forest tracks to reach a minor road. Then follow the road along the side of the Llyn Brianne Reservoir to reach Soar Mynydd before returning through Forest Tracks and over the Llyn Brianne Dam and along the road to the village of Rhandirmwyn and back to the farm..
The farm is situated just 9 miles from Llanwrtyd Wells the smallest Town in Wales which has a number of Mountain Biking Events throughout the year including:
- World MTB Bog Snorkeling Championships
- Bog Triathlon – This event includes a 7 1/2 mile run, 2 lengths of the 60 yard bog snorkelling trench and a 19 mile mountain bike ride.
- Red Kite Bash – 4 Days of Summer Riding in the rugged Cambrian Mountains.
- Real Ale Wobble –
For more details on these events please see www.green-events.co.uk
If you would like any further information or have any questions please call us on 01550 750274 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat Map GPS Available to Hire
We have available a Sat Map GPS system which has the entire Uk 1:50,000 OS Landrange Map on it. We have uploaded a number of circular routes on to the GPS which can then be followed.
The Sat Map is designed for out door use and is available to hire with a bike mount the battery lasts 12 to 16 hours and the unit is very user friendly.
Hire Charges are as follows:
1 Day £30.00, 2 Days £50.00, 3 Days £60.00
For further information please call us on 01550 750274 or e-mail: email@example.com