The area around the farm has a wide selection of remote lanes and trails and some sensational routes in the Cambrian Mountains, Brecon Beacons, Mid Wales and several private sites are only a short distance away.
Trails including the famous Strata Florida, which passes through Forestry and open countryside, crossing a river 7 times, are only a short distance away. there are also a number of routes including:
- The Cambrian Circuit (102 miles), taking in Strata Florida, the Elan Valley, Rhayader, and the Crychan Forest.
- The Brecon Beacons, have many trails including the famous Sarn Helen and the Gap Road (open certain dates)
- Hundred House Some fantastic lanes to the NorthEast of us around Builth Wells and Hundred House
At the farm we offer a number of services which make us the idela base for 4×4 enthusiasts, these include:
- Map room with master maps marked up with rights of way
- Spray wash facilities
- Covered workshop area
- Drying room for your wet clothes
- On site 4×4 course for exclusive use of guests staying at Llanerchindda – charged at £25.00 to £30.00 per stay.
Llanerchindda Farm is ideal for individuals or groups, catering for all your needs so that you can have a truly memorable stay with us.
The best and most exiting way to follow the lanes is with a local guide, who knows the area very well and can take you to places you wouldn’t find on your own.
We have a number of local guides we can put you in touch with to enable you to enjoy the best of the lanes and ensure that you don’t get lost!
Guiding costs from £240.00 per day, please enquire for price.
Safety is no Accident
”We strongly advise that you don’t go off-road alone.”
Country code for 4×4 and other off road users
• Stay legal
• Keep to the defined way across farmland
• Give way to walkers, horses and cyclists
• Fasten gates to safeguard stock
• Travel at a safe speed
• Drive quietly
• Honour the country code
• Identify yourself
Treadlightly! is a partnership initiative set up by the key recreational motorised access user groups with support from the countryside council for wales.
Treadlightly! sets out to protect motorised recreational access opportunities through education, partnership working and conservation initiatives.
For more details have a look at www.treadlightly-uk.org
Sat Map GPS Available to Hire
We have purchased a Sat Map GPS system which has the entire Uk 1:50,000 OS Landrange Map on it. We have uploaded a number of circular routes on to the GPS which can then be followed.
The Sat Map is designed for out door use and is available to hire with either a bike mount or window mount for the car, the battery lasts 12 to 16 hours and the unit is very user friendly.
Hire Charges are as follows:
1 Day £30.00, 2 Days £50.00, 3 Days £60.00
For further information please call us on 01550 750274 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org